KEY LIME PIE
(courtesy of Ann Richardson, Allrecipes)
– 9 inch graham cracker crust (make your own, or store bought)
– 3 cups (16 oz) sweetened condensed milk
– 1/2 cup (4 oz) sour cream
– 3/4 cup key lime juice (if you are using key limes, you’ll need about 20 of those suckers)
– 1 tablespoon grated lime zest (HINT: avoid the pith so you don’t get overly bitter zest)
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
COMBINE condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and lime zest in a mixing bowl and blend well.
POUR mix into graham cracker crust.
BAKE for 5-8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of the pie. DO NOT BROWN. Chill pie thoroughly before serving.
GARNISH with whipped cream if desired.
It’s literally that easy. The addition of sour cream gives it a velvety smooth texture and cuts through the sour. MMM. Enjoy!